Big Game Fishing in Mauritius with Captain Vic
We are a fishing charter company based in the west coast of Mauritius offering Big Game Fishing and Small Game Fishing excursions.
I am Captain Vic, an IGFA (International Game Fish Association) certified guide, ocean lover and fisherman. I like to share my passion with people from all over the world !
We have two boats, our brand new one is Golden Wave III, a 42 foot sport fisher bought and rebuilt in 2021. It's fully equipped with Garmin equipment as a Deep and Sideview fish finder, GPS, Ais radio and autopilot. These new equipments are a big help for Marlin fishing.
We also have a 25-foot panga boat style with a brand new 115hp engine.
For an exciting adventure fishing in Mauritius, contact me!
The Charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope - John Buchan
Big Game Fishing
Mauritius is THE destination for Big Game Fishing !
- Big fish migrate every summer (October to April) and pass close to the Mauritian coastline.
- We mainly troll for Blue Marlin and big yellowfin Tuna using artificial lures, dead baits and live baits.
- We also can catch Mahi-Mahi, Wahoo and smaller Tuna to have some fun !
Blue Marlin follow hot currents and baits, that's why they come every year in Mauritius during summer time.
Small Game Fishing
Mauritius is also THE destination for Small Game Fishing.
- We have different spots and techniques to catch these smaller fish using light tackle !
- We can fish in the morning or afternoon depending on the tides, focusing on sunset and sunrise.
- We use Trolling, Jigging, Popping and Baiting methods.
Dorado, Wahoo, Yellowfin Tuna, Dog tooth Tuna, Skipjack Tuna, Barracuda, Trevally can be caught in Mauritius, depending on the season.
- Dolphin watching:
Start early before all the boats for a beautiful encounter with these creatures.
- Whale watching:
See resident Sperm whales year round and Humpback whales during the winter!